Job Title: Senior Associate, Business Development & Administration
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Remote
Aeris seeks a Senior Associate, Business Development & Administration to play a key role cultivating and expanding Aeris’ relationships with corporate, government, and philanthropic CDFI investors, with opportunities to lead external, customer-facing activities and initiatives. Aeris is the leading expert in the financial and impact performance of CDFIs and other private impact loan funds. Since 2004, Aeris® Ratings, analyses, and data have grown to cover more than 150 CDFIs managing more than $19 billion in loan capital.
The Senior Associate will play an integral role in interfacing with customers, participating in the development and execution of individual client relationship management strategies, and ensuring that business development activities are coordinated and completed in a timely manner. The Senior Associate will also be responsible for tracking the organization’s performance against goals by collecting and analyzing corporate-wide and line of business metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) and producing reports for management and board review. This position will also be involved in finance and administration activities, such as the order fulfillment process of subscribers and CDFIs which includes contracting, invoicing, and the collection of revenue.
Sales and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Participate in meetings with customers and potential customers; draft and log detailed meeting notes in CRM software (Salesforce.com).
- Participate in the relationship management of new subscribers, including onboarding and leading webinar orientation of the Aeris Cloud for subscribers.
- Track and manage the subscription renewal process for existing subscribers.
- Assist with maintaining and optimizing CRM software including: managing prospects pipeline; assist with maintaining Opportunities, Products, Revenue Schedules; help manage and maintain Contact records and mailing lists; and explore and implement process improvements to CRM database usage.
- Assist with delivering superior customer service to subscriber clients by resolving account issues, answering questions about data or subscription access, etc.
- Screen inbound inquiries, including referrals via telephone and website, directing to relevant staff.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – implementing, tracking, and producing the corporate KPI dashboard for Management and Board
- Collect, track, and analyze corporate and line of business metrics and KPI data, ensuring data is accurate and complete.
- Compile data from various sources to produce corporate and line of business KPI dashboards for Management and Board review.
- Track and present performance against strategic plan goals.
Marketing and Communications
- Lead project management for events, including both virtual (e.g., webinars) and in-person (receptions, breakfasts, etc.)
- Assist with executing and activating event sponsorships, trade show exhibits, etc.
- Help with content creation for blog posts, social media, and other communications channels.
- Prepare and manage the process for contracting and invoicing for Subscriber and CDFI clients, including requesting invoices from Accounting, sending to clients and ensuring payments are received in a timely manner.
- Assist with board meeting planning and scheduling, including sending calendar invites to board members and booking travel arrangements for board meetings.
- Assist Associate Director of Finance in team administration projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Graduate Degree a plus.
- 6+ years professional experience in a business environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce publication-quality writing.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems desired; preferably Salesforce.com.
- Experience in qualitative or quantitative research is highly beneficial.
- Experience working with financial institutions and financial professionals required; work with mission-centered financial institutions is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements:
- Professional written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills required.
- Knowledge of financial analysis preferred.
- Superior organizational skills to set priorities, deploy resources, and oversee tasks.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision-making in the pursuit of organizational goals while adhering to and advancing organizational core values.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams, and ability to work well with diverse constituents.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload among competing priorities.
- Superior analytical skills required, particularly in financial, market and qualitative analysis.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter as email attachment to [email protected], with subject line “Search: Senior Associate, Business Development & Administration.”
Title: Financial Institutions Rating Analyst
Term: Full-time or part-time contractor
Supervisor: Director of Ratings and Analysis
Work Location: National remote
Aeris offers mature financial professionals the opportunity to use your financial analysis and credit skills for social good. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team of experienced financial analysts. We provide rating reports on community development (CDFI) loan funds across the country that support impact investing.
- The impact management rating is an assessment of how well a CDFI pursues and achieves positive change related to its mission and impact goals.
- The financial rating assesses CDFI strength from the perspective of an unsecured investor with a 3- to 5-year investment horizon.
- Be assigned rating analyses of specific CDFIs.
- Analyze the most recent five years of financial information, including audits, portfolio performance reports, and Aeris standardized financial spreads, ratios, tables, and charts.
- Review written policies and narrative documents relating to impact, financial performance, and management, such as strategic plans, board minutes, and underwriting policies.
- Conduct one to two days of interviews with management and board members.
- Write the rating report, averaging 50 pages in length, including opinions on the significant strengths and weaknesses, descriptions of programs and processes, Aeris standardized tables and charts, and explanations for changes.
- Present the rating report and recommended rating to the Aeris rating committee.
Analysts are supported by an operations team that produces initial financial spreads, and a quality review team to ensure credit analysis and writing standards.
Aeris management and experienced analysts are rating committee members. You will have the opportunity to qualify as a rating committee member after completion of several rating analyses, based on management’s assessment of your skills and Aeris experience.
Your professional experience and skills should include
- Extensive experience underwriting financial institutions or structured funds for investment, including qualitative aspects of organizations.
- Sound judgement of financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts.
- Writing skills of publication quality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Work well with rote processes, standard conventions, and project deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word and Excel; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Understanding issues, trends, and operations of CDFIs and other impact sectors is a plus.
Aeris analysts are mostly drawn from mid-career to semi-retired financial services professionals.
No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel. ADA/EOE
A Short Introduction to Aeris
Aeris guides capital to good. We are a rating and information service in the impact investing field, which has grown into a $500 billion industry over the last decade. Impact investments aim to address some of the world’s most pressing social and environmental challenges as well as yield a financial return. Aeris provides ratings, analysis, information, and consulting services that bring accountability and transparency to impact investing.
Aeris was established in 2004, focusing first on rating private community development loan funds (CDFIs). These loan funds invest in women and minority-owned small businesses, commercial real estate, affordable housing, and community facilities in socially and economically challenged communities throughout the United States. In 2013, Aeris built a cloud-based platform to collect and manage impact and financial information on CDFIs to further support Aeris services and to provide impact investors with timely data.
More recently, Aeris began applying our knowledge, expertise, and tools to the broader impact investment world. Today, we are expanding the functionalities of our platform to offer impact fund managers a highly reliable SaaS product that supports the collection, management, and analysis of impact and financial performance data of their investments.
Part- Time Contract Terms
For part time Contractor positions, qualified analysts are assigned a minimum of three CDFI analyses per year when fully onboarded. Rating assignments typically complete over a period of four to five months with total analyst hours ranging between 80 to 120 per assignment. Some training time should be factored into the first three to four assignments.
Analysts scheduling is done roughly six months ahead although some scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate unforeseen changes. Site visits for management interviews are periodically scheduled; currently all interviews are being done remotely.
Compensation is based on scope of analysis and complexity of organization.
Full-time analysts on staff work a regular 40 hour week with paid time off and benefits.
Submission of Applications
Please send applications electronically to Helen Leung, Chief Operating Officer at [email protected]
To be considered, applications must include:
- A cover letter stating how your interest and relevant experience fit this opportunity, and
- A full resume or CV.