PHILADELPHIA, PA, July 13, 2020—Aeris®, the rating and information service for impact investments, announced today that it issued ratings and analysis on 16 community development loan funds (CDFIs) during the second quarter of 2020. Among these was one first-time ratee: Minneapolis, MN-based Meda.
For more than 30 years, CDFIs have lifted up the most vulnerable communities in America by providing loans to low-income, low-wealth, minority, and underserved people. They have invested in small businesses, healthcare facilities and schools, affordable and environmentally sustainable rental and ownership housing, and access to healthy food. In response to the current economic crisis, with the support of their investors and lenders, CDFIs are addressing emergency and recovery needs in their communities, just as they have done in past crises, and are serving as supportive lenders to Black and other minority entrepreneurs and homeowners.
The following 16 CDFIs were analyzed and rated by Aeris between April 1 and June 30, 2020:
- Access Plus Capital (Fresno, CA) | Impact Area: Economic Security
- Baltimore Community Lending (Baltimore, MD) | Impact Area: Economic Security, Housing
- Bridgeway Capital (Pittsburgh, PA) | Impact Area: Economic Security, Health and Healthy Food
- Citizen Potawatomi CDC (Shawnee, OK) | Impact Area: Economic Security, Health and Food Access
- Disability Opportunity Fund (Rockville Centre, NY) | Impact Area: Housing, Economic Security, Health and Healthy Food, Education
- Impact Development Fund (Denver, CO) | Impact Area: Housing
- Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership (Indianapolis, IN) | Impact Area: Housing
- Invest Detroit (Detroit, MI) | Impact Area: Economic Security, Housing
- Low Income Investment Fund (San Francisco, CA) | Impact Area: Economic Security, Environmental Sustainability, Health and Food Access, Housing, Education
- Massachusetts Housing Investment Corp. (Boston, MA) | Impact Area: Housing
- Meda (Minneapolis, MN) | Impact Area: Economic Security
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago (Chicago, IL) | Impact Area: Housing
- New Hampshire Community Loan Fund (Concord, NH) | Impact Area: Housing, Economic Security, Health and Healthy Food, Education
- New Jersey Community Capital (New Brunswick, NJ) | Impact Area: Economic Security, Environmental Sustainability, Housing, Health and Healthy Food, Education
- Propel Nonprofits (Minneapolis, MN) | Impact Area: Education, Health and Food Access, Housing
- Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) | Impact Area: Economic Security
The Aeris® Rating Report provides a comprehensive analysis of the fundamental financial and management components that indicate a CDFI’s capacity to manage and weather changes in its operating environment. In addition to Aeris Rating Reports, Aeris Performance Maps are available to track quarterly financial performance of rated and reporting CDFIs during these swiftly changing times. The full list of Aeris rated and reporting CDFIs can be found on Aeris’ website: https://www.aerisinsight.com/fund-selector/.
Aeris is a rating and information service for impact investments. Aeris has established risk management standards for private community loan funds (CDFIs) and has helped strengthen the development of impact measurement and management practices in the CDFI industry. Since 2004 Aeris has issued more than 900 ratings on CDFIs, based on thorough analyses of each organization’s capital structure, asset quality, earnings, liquidity, management and governance strength and practices. Aeris’ analyses have been used by more than 160 investors, including financial institutions, government entities, private foundations, and wealth advisors. Contact Aeris for more information: https://www.aerisinsight.com/contact/.